- Dental Implants
- Dental Implants in Detail
- Daily Schedule
- Pre-Op Post-Op Instructions
- Latest Deals
Dental Implants in Turkey
Dental implants, which function and look like normal teeth, serve as replacements of natural teeth. Dental implants or teeth implants are one of the most performed dental procedures in Turkey and abroad. Dental implants in Turkey are performed for a patient who has one or more missing teeth. There are many benefits of having dental implants in Turkey with Longevita. Dental implants are cavity resistant and they can last for a lifetime if they are well taken care of. They can prevent bone loss and they do not have negative influence on neighbouring teeth. Furthermore, they improve speech, restores natural smile and retains youthful appearance.
Longevita has become a top choice for those people seeking dental implants abroad. Dental implants cost in Turkey are much lower than teeth implants cost in the UK. Thanks to low costs, dentists with international experience and high quality implants, a lot of patients choose dental implants in Turkey by Longevita dentists. You may visit Longevita’s dentists in Turkey page and click on a doctor of your choice to see dental implants before and after pictures and read dental implants reviews.
Dental Implants in Turkey with Longevita
• High quality implants
• Consultation and aftercare in UK by GDC registered dentist
• Leading English-speaking and experienced dentists
• Successful results
Dental Implants at a Glance
PROCEDURE: Place a metal post made of titanium surgically into the jawbone and restore with fixed or removable prosthesis LENGTH: 2 to 3 hours: first appointment (surgery)
3 to 4 hours: second appointment (restoration)
ANESTHESIA: Local or local with sedation IN/OUTPATIENT: Outpatient SIDE EFFECTS: Swelling, discomfort, bruising RISK: Unexpected reaction to anaesthetic, infection, excessive bleeding, nerve damage, sinusitis RECOVERY: Back to work: 2 to 4 days
Full integration between implant and jawbone: 6 weeks to 6 months
RESULT LASTS: Over 30 years
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial replacement for the natural tooth. Made from titanium, an implant is well tolerated by bone and fuses with bone tissue. Aim of teeth implant procedure is to attain a close contact between the outer surface of the implant and the surrounding bone tissue so they are osseointegrated together. As a result strong support for the new teeth is achieved.
How Dental Implants are Performed
Before any implants are placed, it is important for the dentist to assess the overall health of patient’s teeth and gums. If there are any signs of gum disease or decay, these problems must be treated first. Afterwards, x-rays and in some cases CT scan are required in order to examine bone quality and look for nearby anatomical structures to avoid before the dentist begins drilling. Dental implant procedure is typically performed under local anaesthesia. However, IV sedation is may sometimes be used if it is a long procedure or the patient is very anxious.
The gum in which the implant is to be positioned is cut and raised and a small hole is drilled in the jawbone at the exact location of the implant to be placed. The titanium implant is tightly fitted into this socket and the gum is stitched back over the implant. If the bone material is not sufficient enough to have the implant, a bone graft may be required. Alternatively, the dentist may use mini implants whose size are smaller if they are suitable.
After the implant has been positioned, Healing and integration process with the jawbone begins which may take up to six months. The bone tissue will develop and anchor itself into the microscopic surface of the implant.
While the healing process continues, patients are given temporary teeth or they may go on to wear dentures. It is vital that temporary teeth do not apply any pressure on the healing implant. When the healing period is completed, the gum is lifted and a post is attached to the implant with a temporary crown. Four to six weeks later, when the surrounding gum tissue has grown, the final permanent restoration can be fitted to the implant.
Results of Dental Implants
Patients may experience some discomfort related with any type of dental surgery which are swelling of gums and face, bruising of skin and gums, pain at the implant site and minor bleeding. Discomfort disappears in couple of days. Patients are provided with absorbable stitches and are advised to follow a soft diet for a week. Recommendations on pain management are given on the day of surgery by the dentist as a part of postoperative instructions. Dental implants have been used for over 30 years to replace missing teeth and they can last a lifetime depending on how well patients look after them.
Limitations of Dental Implants
Dental implants procedure can be applied in patients of any age provided that they have a sufficient quantity and quality of bone tissue available. Most healthy individuals who maintain a good oral hygiene program are suitable candidates for dental implants. The situations in which implants may not be suitable or there is an increased risk of implant failure include:
- Heavy smoking – this slows down and hinders the healing process
- Excessive alcohol intake – disrupts healing of the gums
- Periodontal gum disease – all active gum disease must be treated prior to any implant procedure to ensure the long-term success of any treatment. Periodontal disease is a major cause of bone loss, which would hinder the success of any implant procedure
- Immuno-compromised individuals (steroids, auto-immune disease, patients undergoing radiation treatment)
- Teeth grinders (bruxism) – a night-time splint can be given to treat this
Risks of Dental Implants
Like any other surgery, dental implant surgery has some risks. However they are very rare and minor which can be treated easily. Possible risks of dental implant surgery are infection at the implant area, injury or damage to surrounding structures such as other teeth or blood vessels, nerve damage which can cause pain, numbness or tingling in natural teeth, gums, lips or chin and sinus problems when dental implants placed in the upper jaw protrude into one of patient’s sinus cavities.
Contraindications of Dental Implants
Dental implants are contraindicated in following patient groups:
- Heart diseases affecting the valves (valvulopathy)
- Recent infarcts
- Severe cardiac inadequacy, cardiomyopathy
- Active cancer, certain bone diseases (osteomalacia, Paget’s disease, brittle bones syndrome)
- Certain immunological diseases, immunosuppressant treatments, clinical AIDS, awaiting an organ transplant
- Strongly irradiated jaw bones (radiotherapy treatment)
Daily Schedule of Dental Implants in Turkey
You need to visit your dentist in Turkey two times for your dental implants treatment. Although it may vary from patient to patient, here’s a typical schedule of teeth implants experience in Turkey:
1st Visit – First Day of Dental Implant Treatment in Turkey
You arrive at the dental clinic in the morning/afternoon to meet your dentist in person. Longevita dental surgeon will explain you the procedure in detail and examine you before s/he advises on the dental implants that would fit you best. You will have an opportunity to discuss your preferences on the implants and expectations from your surgery.
(If you need bone grafting in order to make your tooth implant stronger, or if your gums are too soft; Longevita dental surgeon operates a bone grafting session. Bone grafting procedure takes 1 to 2 hours. After your grafting session is done, you need to wait for at least two months to recover and have your second appointment as placing the dental implants.)
If you would like to proceed, you will be asked to pay your remaining balance and sign consent forms.
In Day 1, Longevita dentist examines the implant zones and scale the patient’s mouth with special mould. After this application, s/he applies the replacements on the implant zones. The procedure usually last for two to three hours. Longevita dentist will use local anaesthesia during the operation. You are going to stay at the hotel in Day 1.
Most of dental implant patients require ice packs after the procedure in order to soften the gums and tissues during the procedure which also avoid bruising and swelling as well.
1st Visit – Second & Third Day of Dental Implant Treatment in Turkey
Days 2/3 are the second appointment with Longevita dentist. The first phase of your procedure might be finished in your second appointment but there might be another appointment in day three due to the quantity of implants and the technique that Longevita dentist prefer. Longevita dentist will perform arrangements and fixations for your replacement implants that s/he made the day before. Scaling and proportional mouth arrangements are also takes place in Day 2 or 3.You will be advised on your medication and provided instructions on ice pack usage. You are going to stay at the hotel in Days 2/3.
PATIENT SHOULD WEAR THESE IMPLANT REPLACEMENTS AT LEAST 2-3 MONTHS. AFTER THIS PERIOD, THERE WILL BE ANOTHER VISIT TO LONGEVITA DENTIST IN ORDER TO MAKE THE FINAL ADJUSTMENTS ON YOUR NEW DENTAL IMPLANTS. THE SECOND VISIT MAY TAKE 2 to 4 DAYS ACCORDING TO THE TECHNIQUE PRACTICED IN THE PROCEDURE.
2nd Visit – First Day of Dental Implant Treatment in Turkey
In your second visit at Day 1, Longevita dentist examines the implant zones and removes the replacements that s/he put there in your first visit. Then, s/he put the dental implants one by one as adjusted and fixed into your mouth. The procedure usually last three to four hours due to the quantity of implants and technique that Longevita dentist prefer. You are going to stay at the hotel in Day 1 at your second visit.
2nd Visit – Second & Third Day of Dental Implant Treatment in Turkey
There might be couple of appointments in your second visit. Since all the dental implants are fixed into your mouth, there should be optimum comfort and essential adjustments on your implant zones. The angle, size, sharpness and other qualifications of the implant should be clarified during this period in order to improve your chewing routine.
Dentists in Turkey
Longevita dentists have degrees from top medical schools, who are specialists in their fields, experienced in treating international patients, and recognized by international professional associations. Longevita’s dentists are certified by international bodies.
Dr. Mustafa Bese
- Experience: 20 years
- Specialities: Aesthetic Dentistry and Implantation
- Number of Surgical Procedures: 5,000
- Nationalities Treated: German, Belgian, French, British and Dutch
- Memberships: International Team for Implantology (ITI), Turkish Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry (EDAD), Turkish Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry and Implantology Work Group (EDAD-ICG )
- Languages: English and Turkish
- Favourite Hobbies: Camping, windsurfing and reading
Dr. Ebru Catal Hocaoglu
- Experince: 18 years
- Specialities: Dentistry
- Number of Surgical Procedures: 5,000
- Nationalities Treated: English, American, German, Australian, Turkish
- Memberships: Turkish Dental Association, Turkish Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry (EDAD)
- Languages: English
- Favorute Hobbies: Photography, Travelling, Swimming
Dr. Funda Erciyas
- Experience: 17 years
- Specialties: Aesthetic Dentistry and Implantation
- Number of Surgical Procedures: 5,000
- Nationalities Treated: British, Swedish, Austrian, Greek and Turkish
- Memberships: Turkish Dentistry Society, Association of Aesthetic Dentistry, Turkish Oral Implantation Association, Clinical Hypnosis Practices Association
- Languages: English and Turkish
- Favourite Hobbies: Travelling, surfing, skiing and photography
Pre-Operative Instructions for Dental Implant Treatment
• You should inform your dentist about your routine medication and health history
• You should not take aspirin, blood thinning medication and Vitamin E for a week before your procedure
• You should stop taking any herbal supplements before the dental implant procedure
Post-Operative Instructions for Dental Implant Treatment
• Your dentist may give you a prescription, please follow the medication plan carefully
• You will have some sutures placed in your mouth and you will be provided with a gauze pack to stop the bleeding. You should bite on the gauze for a good 15-20 minutes. Your dental surgeon will make sure the bleeding stops before you leave the clinic and the gauze will be removed. You may be given a spare pack of gauze in case of further bleeding
• In order to minimize the swelling, you should apply ice pack on the face over surgical site 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off. You need to continue this for the first 2 days after the surgery
Dental Implants FAQ
What is a dental implant?
Dental implant is used as a root of a tooth that serves as a supportive instrument of a missing or a deformed tooth. It is placed into your jawbone by drilling and usually made of strong metals such as titanium.
How many times did your partner dentist perform dental implant procedure?
Most of our partner dentists have performed over 5,000 procedures which include a great number of dental implant procedures as well. You may visit Longevita’s dentists page and click on a dentist of your choice to see dental implants before and after pictures and read dental implants reviews.
How dental implant procedure is performed?
Before placing the implants, you have an initial consultation with Longevita dentist to define the necessary implant areas, have x-ray shots for better monitoring and prepare a plan for your procedure. Longevita dentist cuts the gum in order to place the implant and drill it to your jawbone.
Is dental implant procedure in Turkey an expensive one?
Longevita offers high quality and cheap dental implants in Turkey. Tooth implant cost in Turkey is much more affordable than costs of dental implants in such countries as the UK and the USA.
Titanium Implant Package for £ 2,800
Longevita’s premium titanium implant package includes four titanium implants with four crowns by experienced dentists, flights, accommodation at a hotel, airport transfers as well as English speaking patient host. Longevita dentists use top quality dental materials.
You may learn more about the latest deal on our dental treatment packages page.
You may send your pictures/x-rays for free consultation through the contact form and get a treatment plan prior to booking your medical treatment.
Disclaimer: This page is designed to supply useful information but is not to be regarded as advice specific to any particular case. It does not replace the need for a thorough consultation and all prospective patients should seek the advice of a suitably qualified medical practitioner.