- Teeth Whitening
- Teeth Whitening in Detail
- Before After Gallery
- Pre-Op Post-Op Instructions
Teeth Whitening in Turkey
Longevita is proud to be the first and the only company offering free flights to international patients seeking teeth whitening treatment abroad. Authorized by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Economy, Longevita contributes to the Turkish Government’s efforts in promoting medical travel by its free flights campaign for teeth whitening treatment in Turkey.
Wherever you are in the world*, you may benefit from Longevita’s all inclusive teeth whitening treatment packages covering the cost of your economy class return tickets from your country to Turkey. All you need to do is contact Longevita to make a booking for your teeth whitening treatment in Turkey. We will issue your electronic ticket to Turkey and provide you with a detailed itinerary. You may feel free to pick any airline that you would like for your travel.
Nowadays people want to have whiter teeth more than ever before. Tooth whitening is getting more and more popular in Turkey and abroad. Laser tooth whitening or in-surgery whitening is a procedure that takes place at the dental practice in Turkey and uses a light-activated bleaching gel to whiten the patient’s teeth. Tooth whitening procedure usually takes approximately one to two hours and gives instant results. Many dentists abroad recommend that laser tooth whitening should be followed up by professional home whitening. Prior to carrying out teeth whitening procedure in Turkey, patient would have a consultation with a Longevita dentist in Turkey and make sure she is suitable for teeth whitening.
Teeth Whitening at a Glance
PROCEDURE: Takes place at the dental practice and uses a light-activated bleaching gel to whiten your teeth LENGTH: 1 to 2 hours ANESTHESIA: None needed SIDE EFFECTS: Sensitivity during and/or after treatment, gum irritation RESULT LASTS: Permanent (depends on patient’s diet)
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a very effective way of lightening the natural colour of teeth without removing any of the tooth surface. Most dental practices offer two types of whitening:
- Laser / in-surgery Teeth Whitening
- Professional home whitening kits
Both procedures are based on a bleaching process that uses a peroxide-based bleaching gel of varying strength (3%-30% peroxide). The higher the concentration of peroxide in the gel, the more powerful it is. While a higher concentration gel is more effective at whitening the teeth, it also has greater potential to cause side effects such as sensitivity and damage to the surrounding gum tissue and lips.
How Teeth Whitening is Performed
Before the teeth whitening process is started a dentist or a hygienist will thoroughly clean the teeth, removing any surface stains and tartar. This procedure is commonly referred to as a scale and polish. The next step will be for the dentist to make a record of the shade/colour of the teeth before the procedure. This is either recorded using a tooth coloured shade guide/chart or by taking a digital photograph of teeth. The area is then prepared for the procedure. The bleaching compound usually contains a high concentration of peroxide (15-30%) and so the dentist will usually place some form of protection around the gums so that only the teeth are exposed to the compound. This involves covering the gums with rolls of cotton and a protective gel material that hardens once applied to the gums. A cheek retractor is used to keep the lips and cheeks away from the teeth.
It is very important that dentist isolates the gums and lips with a protective material in order to avoid any potential damage or burning. Home whitening kits usually have a low concentration of peroxide so that there is less chance of any damage occurring.
Eye protection (goggles) is also provided to prevent any damage to the eyes from the laser used or any accidental splashes of the peroxide. The whitening gel is then applied to the surface of the teeth and exposed to a light or laser, which activates it. During this process if patient feel that his/her lips or gums start to burn then patient should let his/her dentist know immediately. After approximately 15 minutes the gel is removed and the process repeated another 2 times. During the procedure some people may feel sensitivity in their teeth, which are described as short-lived shooting pains. The dentist will finally wash off the whitening gel and remove any gum protection before evaluating the final result by taking a photograph or using a shade chart. The results are usually quite dramatic and can often be up to 10 shades lighter. A kit for home whitening may also be provided with custom trays and professional whitening gel.
Many patients’ teeth are quite sensitive immediately following this procedure and it is advised to try and avoid hot or cold drinks for a while. Some dentists offer fluoride treatment following teeth whitening to reduce this effect on sensitivity. Home whitening kit usually contains a solution to reduce tooth sensitivity. Sensitivity rarely lasts more than 48 hours, if symptoms persist for longer than this then dentist should be contacted.
Professional home whitening kits provide more permanent results over a longer time scale, whereas laser tooth whitening offers immediate results. A combination of the two provides the perfect solution to both immediate and long-term whitening needs. To make a professional home whitening kit, dentist will take an impression (mould) of patient’s teeth using special dental putty. Dentist’s technician will then use this to cast a model of patient’s teeth from plaster and make custom teeth whitening trays from this. Once these trays have been made patient use them in combination with professional whitening gel (provided by dentist) until patient is happy with the results. Depending on the teeth whitening system, some trays need to be worn overnight while others for only 1-2 hours a day.
Results of Teeth Whitening
Some people experience no pain or sensitivity with their teeth. However, the majority of people will experience some kind of sensitivity either during and/or after the initial treatment. This is usually described by patients as sporadic, sharp shooting pains coming from their teeth. This should settle down after approximately 48 hours. Dentist may give a special gel or mousse to apply to patient’s teeth to help with the sensitivity. It is advisable to avoid hot or cold food and drinks within the first 48 hours of whitening treatment.
Some people respond very well to teeth whitening and have dramatically whiter teeth as a result, whereas others may notice very little difference at all. People with heavily stained yellow teeth tend to have more dramatic results than those with slightly discoloured teeth. Dentist will be able to advise patient on the likely results following a consultation.
Limitations of Teeth Whitening
Some people are not suitable for teeth whitening and a dentist will assess patient’s suitability during a consultation. If patient has gum disease or other dental health problems, patient may not be suitable. The teeth whitening process does not change the colour of crowns, veneers or fillings so it is important to understand that patient may need to change these to match the colour of whitened teeth.
Risks of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening treatments are considered to be safe when procedures are followed as appropriately. Nevertheless, there are some temporary risks related with bleaching that patient should be aware of:
- Sensitivity: Bleaching can cause sensitivity to temperature, pressure and touch. Patients at risk for whitening sensitivity are those who have gum recession, noteworthy cracks in their teeth or leakage resulting from faulty restorations. Whitening sensitivity usually does not last more than a day or two. Some dentists might advise a toothpaste containing potassium nitrate for sensitive teeth.
- Gum irritation: Over half of those who use peroxide whiteners may have some degree of gum irritation due to the bleach concentration or because of contact with the whitening trays. The irritation normally lasts up to couple of days.
- Technicolor teeth: Treatments such as bonding, dental crowns or porcelain veneers can not be affected by bleach and therefore sustain their default colour whereas the neighbouring teeth are whitened. This results in what is called “technicolor teeth.”
Contraindications of Teeth Whitening
Tooth whitening might be contraindicated for those;
- People less than 16 years old, because the pulp chamber is thicker, making teeth more sensitive during the whitening process.
- Pregnant or lactating women.
- People who have sensitive teeth or gums, including sensitivity related to gingival recessions or defective fillings.
- People who are allergic to peroxide.
- People suffering from gingivitis, periodontitis, or advanced cavities.
- Treatments (fillings), crowns, or veneers do not bleach with peroxide. They should be redone if there are differences in the whiteness at the end of the treatment.
Teeth Whitening Before and After Gallery
Video Testimonials about Teeth Whitening Treatment in Turkey
Patient Reviews of Teeth Whitening Treatment in Turkey
Last summer, I had an opportunity to get my teeth whitened as well as a cultural holiday. Istanbul was a great destination but I was indecisive regarding the treatment. However, Longevita ensured me about the ability of their dentists and I decided to go ahead with the dental treatment. Not only did I get my teeth whitened but I also had a great cultural holiday thanks to Longevita that arranged me a full day city tour including famous sights such as Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar and Basilica Cistern.
M.J., Teeth Whitening Treatment Patient
I had smoking and coffee stains all over my teeth and I was not sure if a dentist could make them look white. Having been offered cheap prices with the promise of good quality, I chose Longevita. I was amazed with the result. Longevita knew how to make patients happy.
T.P., Teeth Whitening Treatment Patient
Thank you everyone for the wonderful weekend that I had in Istanbul. I had a chance to get my teeth whitened. Honestly, I did not expect such an awesome result. The city of Izmir, where I had my procedure, has astonishing, clean and clear beaches. Choose Longevita for your dental procedure and go to Izmir; you would never regret it!
R.E., Teeth Whitening Treatment Patient
Teeth Whitening FAQ
Is teeth whitening safe or does it damage the tooth?
According to Longevita dentists; there will be no changes on the tooth surface after the bleaching solution is applied. None of the patients have reported such a structural change or irreversible damage on their teeth.
How long do whitening results last?
After the teeth whitening process, the color will gradually fade and it remains stable for 6 months to a year. You are advised to have the teeth whitening procedure every 4-6 months.
How does Longevita dentist perform teeth whitening procedure?
First of all, Longevita dentist cleans all the tartar and the stains on your teeth before the whitening process begins. You and Longevita dentist decide on the color and shade of your teeth which is going to stay for a long time. After covering your gums and lips for protection, the dentist applies a solution onto your teeth that contains a high concentration of peroxide. As a final stage of the procedure, a laser lay and whitening polish are applied on your teeth in order to bleach the desired areas.
Dentists in Turkey
Longevita dentists have degrees from top medical schools, who are specialists in their fields, experienced in treating international patients, and recognized by international professional associations. Longevita’s dentists are certified by international bodies. Check out their CVs, brochures, videos, before and after gallery and testimonials.
Dr. Mustafa Bese
- Experience: 20 years
- Specialities: Aesthetic Dentistry and Implantation
- Number of Surgical Procedures: 5,000
- Nationalities Treated: German, Belgian, French, British and Dutch
- Memberships: International Team for Implantology (ITI), Turkish Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry (EDAD), Turkish Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry and Implantology Work Group (EDAD-ICG )
- Languages: English and Turkish
- Favourite Hobbies: Camping, windsurfing and reading
Dr. Ebru Catal Hocaoglu
- Experince: 18 years
- Specialities: Dentistry
- Number of Surgical Procedures: 5,000
- Nationalities Treated: English, American, German, Australian, Turkish
- Memberships: Turkish Dental Association, Turkish Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry (EDAD)
- Languages: English
- Favorute Hobbies: Photography, Travelling, Swimming
Dr. Funda Erciyas
- Experience: 17 years
- Specialties: Aesthetic Dentistry and Implantation
- Number of Surgical Procedures: 5,000
- Nationalities Treated: British, Swedish, Austrian, Greek and Turkish
- Memberships: Turkish Dentistry Society, Association of Aesthetic Dentistry, Turkish Oral Implantation Association, Clinical Hypnosis Practices Association
- Languages: English and Turkish
- Favourite Hobbies: Travelling, surfing, skiing and photography
Pre-Operative Instructions for Teeth Whitening Treatment
• You should inform your dentist about your routine medication and health history
• You should exercise extra dental hygiene for a few days before your whitening appointment in order to remove the built-ups on the teeth
Post-Operative Instructions for Teeth Whitening Treatment
• For the next 48 hours, dark staining substances should be avoided, such as coffee, tea, coca cola, berries, tobacco projects, red wine, red sauces, mustard, ketchup, soy sauce and coloured juices
• If any sensitivity develops, it will usually subside within 24 hours. If necessary, you may take painkillers every 6-8 hours
• Your dentist may provide you with a desensitizer gel. In case of severe sensitivity, you can apply the gel on the area
Longevita’s teeth whitening treatment packages include hotel accommodation based on your preference near the Longevita hair transplant clinic where your treatment will take place.
Longevita can also provide accommodation at a boutique hotel or a serviced apartment. Please check our accommodation gallery for more pictures.
Longevita’s teeth whitening packages also include airport transfers with a private chauffeur and translation services by a representative fluent in your own language. The patient representative may advise on local cuisine, sightseeing or shopping if needed.
Disclaimer: This page is designed to supply useful information but is not to be regarded as advice specific to any particular case. It does not replace the need for a thorough consultation and all prospective patients should seek the advice of a suitably qualified medical practitioner.